The Australian Centre for Montessori Studies (ACMS) is a national organisation committed to providing quality training to the Montessori teaching community, and to those interested in becoming qualified in the Montessori method.
ACMS is the only training centre in Australia authorised to deliver Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Montessori early childhood courses. AMI, established by Dr Maria Montessori, affiliates training centres throughout the world, offering AMI courses recognised internationally for their quality and authenticity.
The AMI courses offered by ACMS prepare adults to work with children at the following levels:
- AMI Assistants to Infancy (0-3)
- AMI Early Childhood (3-6)
- AMI Primary (6-12)
There are two different levels of course available:
- Montessori Assistants Certificate - a short course for Montessori Assistants or those interested in learning more about Montessori philosophy
- Montessori Diploma - a teacher training course to become a Montessori educator
In Australia, all educators working with children from birth to preschool age must have, or be actively working towards, at least an approved Certificate III level education and care qualification and 50% of educators in a centre must have, or be actively working towards, at least an approved diploma level education and care qualification. Our AMI Montessori Diploma Early Childhood 3-6 course is an approved diploma level education and care qualification* by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
* with the addition of two extra units